WaterDept_service_slideshowWelcome to Utility Billing

Welcome to the Water,  Sewer and Storm Drainage Utility Customer Service

 Utility Billing is responsible for:

  • Customer service: Assist customers with application for new services, explanation of existing services, assist in resolution of disputes associated with existing services, and termination of services.
  • Billing of services: The timely and accurate billing of water, sewer and storm utility services.
  • Collections: Work with customers to help facilitate payment for services and refer customers to appropriate social services.


Your St. Helens utility bill for water and sewer should be arriving in the mail over the next few days. Your bill has a new format. Watch for a window envelope from the City of St. Helens to arrive in your mailbox. Your new statement includes a graph comparing your current water usage to your same usage one year prior.

SENIOR DISCOUNT: If you are signed up for the now discontinued senior discount program, your discount was applied to your bill but does not show on your statement as an individual line item. We are working to update the new bill format and hope to have an individual line item for the senior discount on your next bill (in the mail in August).

WINTER AVERAGE: Your recalculated winter average for sewer charges is now in effect. This may increase or decrease your sewer fees. Each year, the City recalculates your sewer fees by averaging your water consumption during the winter months (December 15th through April 15th). Find out more information about winter averaging by selecting the winter averaging link to the right.

You can call the Water Department for further questions regarding your bill at 503-397-6272.

Mission Statement

Provide efficient, professional services to all customers.

General Information

Warning! Water meters are City property and should not be tampered with. Use the contact information below if you have a water or sewer emergency, such as a broken pipe or leak. During non-business hours, please use the Emergency After Hours line, 503-397-1521.

Application for services – If you need to initiate services in your name you can come down to City Hall and fill out a Residential Utility Service Application, located in the Utility Billing department, during office hours. For your convenience the application is located in the link section for easy download. A $90 deposit is required for inside city limits customers and $120 for outside city limits customers before services will be furnished.

Frequently Asked Questions

No questions in this category.