City of St. Helens
Welcome to Our City
Thank you for visiting our city — we hope that you enjoy your stay! The City of St. Helens is located 30 miles north of Portland along Highway 30, and just 24 miles south of Longview, WA.
The City Heritage
In 1850, Captain H.M. Knighton of New England founded the town as "Plymouth," which was renamed as "St. Helens" in the latter part of 1850 for its magnificent view of Mount St. Helens.
Essential Resident Resources
- Building Permit Fees Increase Notice
- DONATE to the 4th of July Fireworks Show
- Municipal Elections
- SDAT Waterfront Report
- Corridor Master Plan Project
- Budget Information
- Pay Your Utility Bill Online
- Municipal Code Online
- Utility Information
- Parks & Trails Master Plan Draft
- Comcast Ch. 29 Program Guide
Be a part of the vision...get involved with your City...volunteer for a City of St. Helens Board or Commission. For more information or for an application, stop by City Hall or call 503-366-8217.