City of St. Helens
Welcome to Our City
Thank you for visiting our city — we hope that you enjoy your stay! The City of St. Helens is located 30 miles north of Portland along Highway 30, and just 24 miles south of Longview, WA.
The City Heritage
In 1850, Captain H.M. Knighton of New England founded the town as “Plymouth,” which was renamed as “St. Helens” in the latter part of 1850 for its magnificent view of Mount St. Helens.
The City of St. Helens’ mission is to provide quality, effective and efficient service to our citizens. By doing so we will:
- Develop and preserve the highest possible quality of life for our residents, businesses and visitors.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment within a sound economic framework.
- Provide leadership which is open and responsive to the needs of the community and works for the benefit of all.
Essential Resident Resources
- BUY LOCAL Campaign Survey & Workshop
- 2015 Budget Hearing
- Dog Licenses Administered by the County Clerk Now
- DONATE to the 4th of July Fireworks Show
- SDAT Waterfront Report
- Budget Information
- Pay Your Utility Bill Online
- Municipal Code Online
- Utility Information
- Parks & Trails Master Plan Draft
- Comcast Ch. 29 Program Guide
Be a part of the vision…get involved with your City…volunteer for a City of St. Helens Board or Commission. For more information or for an application, stop by City Hall or call 503-366-8217.
Check out www.discovercolumbiacounty.com
Our Community Reads 2015
Every Thursday, June 4 – August 27
13 Nights on the River
Saturday, June 20
2015 St. Helens Kiwanis Community Parade
Saturday, June 27, 8am – Noon
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Saturday, July 4
Fourth of July Celebration