Methods of Payment
Customers have the following options:
- Online Bill Payments: The easiest and fastest method for paying utility bills – https://sthelens.merchanttransact.com/default.aspx
- Electronic Funds Transfers: Contact a Utility Billing Specialist at 503-397-6272
- By Mail: Mail checks or money orders to: City of St. Helens – Utility Billing Section, P.O. Box 278, St. Helens, OR 97051
- In person: Bring your bill to City Hall during office hours. We are located in the City Hall Annex, 275 Strand Street, St Helens. The City accepts cash, checks, money orders and major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, and Discover Card). After hours, you can leave your bill in our drop box for next day posting.
- By Phone (Debit / Credit Card): You can pay your bill by phone. The City accepts Visa, Master Card and Discover Card.
Termination of Services
It is the responsibility of the existing customer to terminate service with the City to avoid additional charges and fees. Please contact a Utility Billing Specialist as soon as you know when you are changing and/or terminating existing services.
If an account has not been paid by the 15th of the month in which the bills are due, the account shall be considered “delinquent” and a late charge of $5.00 will be assessed to the account. If not paid by the 25th day of the month in which bills are due, the account shall be assessed an additional late charge of $20.00 and the water service to the customer may be turned off. Restoration Charge – A customer shall pay for restoration of water service when service has been disconnected because of nonpayment. The customer shall then pay a reconnection fee of $20.00 prior to reconnection of service.
Senior Citizen Subsidy
The water service subsidy shall be up to a maximum of 1,362 cubic feet per two month billing cycle for a home within the City limits that is occupied and either owned or rented by an individual who is 65 years of age or older. For an application of such subsidy, please contact a Utility Billing Specialist during office hours at 503-397-6272.