Obtaining Copies of Accident Reports
The St. Helens Police Department has entered into an agreement with Appriss to place traffic accident reports on the internet. The BuyCrash.com Accident Report System was selected to serve as our e-commerce program for enabling insurance companies and citizens to get convenient and instant access of their accident reports.
Visit www.BuyCrash.com to get a copy of your accident report. If you have any questions, or cannot find your report, please call Customer Support at 1-866-495-4206 or call 503-397-3333 (10am – 12pm and 1pm to 5pm, Monday through Friday).
Citizens who do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay the normal report fee, however please note the St. Helens Police Department only accepts cash and credit card payments. Photographs can be made available on disc for an additional $12 .
What is BuyCrash.com?
It is an Internet based application that was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic accident reports in a more efficient manner.
Through the use of innovative online document management technology, you are now able to rapidly find and view an accident report, usually within 24 hours of being scanned….
No more waiting in line or mailing report request forms. Now you can access your reports over the Internet, 24 hours a day!
Like most law enforcement agencies across the country, St. Helens Police Department has been pursuing an alternative to the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of report requests.
St. Helens Police Department concluded that the BuyCrash.com system was the most suitable and secure solution as a local accident repository for insurance and citizen report requests. St. Helens Police Department wanted a system that was designed to do the following:
- Allow for multi-jurisdictional data-sharing and searching
- A comprehensive system to facilitate web accessible availability of accident reports for insurance companies, officers and citizens
- Remove the police department from the billing and request fulfillment process
- Provide officers and investigators access to accident information for all agencies on the system
- Reports are available from work or home, 24 hours a day via the Internet
- Save citizens the hassles of driving downtown and standing in line
- Reports are converted to PDF format making them easy to view, save, print and e-mail
- Finding a report takes only a few seconds
- Reports are accessible usually within four (4) to five (5) business days following an accident, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Reports cannot be modified to maintain complete report integrity.
- Clear, high resolution images of each report for optimal viewing and printing.
BuyCrash.com charges a nominal convenience fee for this service, which is added to the cost of the report.
Visit BuyCrash.com to learn more about its services.
Citizens who do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay the normal report fee of $12 if they wish. Hours of operation are: 10am – 12pm and 1pm to 5pm, Monday through Friday.