I’ve been involved in a traffic accident. Should I call the police? Do I have to fill out a report?

Provided that you have exchanged information with the other parties involved you do not need to notify the police. If there is an injury or the vehicle damage exceeds $1000.00 you must file an accident report with DMV. The St. Helens Police Department has copies of DMV accident forms available. For additional information you can go to the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles website.

Posted in: General